By Danica Winters, author of Winter Swans, Montana Mustangs, and The Nymph’s Labyrinth
Top Five Reasons to Love Romance Novels:
5. Good looking men: I could be a wee bit warped here, but part one of my favorite things about reading romance are the heroes. I love a great looking hero (even if he lives only in my imagination). The best thing about my characters is that I make them real enough to envision, but I don’t give the reader so much that they can’t imagine their own hero. I want readers to see the man of their dreams in each and every story I write.
4. A story that stays with you long after the last page: Romances are written with a promise of a happing ending—it may not be the ending the characters were looking for, but my books always end in a way that will make you want to cheer for the characters. I don’t know about you, but I love endings that give the promise of hope and love.
3. Mystery, Suspense, and Romance all within the pages of one well-written book: Everyday life can be a little mundane, go to work, come home, make dinner, put the kids to bed, have a glass of wine (Optional), go to bed, and start over the next morning. Within romance you are going to find murder, revenge, grief, joy, love, kindness, and everything in between. Who doesn’t love a great mystery?
2. Characters you come to love: One of my favorite things about writing my books is the time I spend getting to know my characters. Each character I write has their own quirks and personality, and even though I’ve written many books I find that no two characters are even remotely the same. In Winter Swans I introduce a new character to the series, Starling Jackson—she is so different from my previous nymphs. This young woman was so much fun to research that I am now planning to devote the next book just to her plight (no spoilers here)!
1. Escapism: We all need an escape. Between the stress of work, children, and family, we all need a break. There is no better escape than falling into the world of books. May you find escape in the pages of Winter Swans!