A. Songs carry meaning for most people. A few bars of melody open and we are transported back to a time, place, and event. The most romantic songs for two people are the ones that they first heard together. So always make sure to have a set of these songs together for a romantic occasion.
Annie, in California Sunset, loves music—in fact she wanted to be a singer-songwriter at one point. She and John discover their joint love of folk music and they have a great time introducing each other to new music – a great idea for a romantic date. They love to listen to songs by Ellis Paul—not classically romantic, but one of their first dates was at an Ellis Paul concert.
Annie has eclectic tastes! Some of her favorite songs for a romantic evening are:
• “Nessun Dorma” sung by Luciano Pavarotti
• “Crazy Sung” by Julio Inglesias
• “Some Enchanted Evening” from South Pacific
• “Austin” by Blake Shelton
• Any album by Tuck and Patty
• Romance of the Violin (album) by Joshua Bell
• “Warm” and “Stay the Night” by Jane Oliver
— Casey Dawes, author of California Sunset (August 2012, Crimson Romance)